2.10.2016

GREEN, NO LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT - AND SOME COLOUR TALK



Green works nicely in autumn clothing, especially in a little darker shades. I have never thought green as my colour. I have always been blue girl. I had one green hoodie when I was in junior high school and after maybe couple of petrol colour shirts, but that's it, excluding two pairs of shoes.

But that was before we got some green silk shirts to work last summer. I tried one on and there it was, me + green = match! And my colleagues agreed. Anyway, I never bought that green, beautiful silk shirt, cause I had enough silks shirts already. But when I saw this green Samuji v-neck in my size on American Express Helsinki New pop-up store in the beginning of last summer, I really didn't need to think twice. This shirt was mine.



I hate when people say they cannot wear some colour, even if they would love it, because someone had said it's not their colour (sometimes I have even seen people taking colour cards out from their bags and then comparing a shade of scarf to shades in cards stating that the shade is unfortunately a little too cold) or even worse, they had read it from some magazine. In those cases I really ask people to try those clothes on and have a look in different lightnings (if you are standing right under spot lamp in fitting room of clothing store, I'm sure you look pale and I have to tell you, it's maybe not just because of the colour of your shirt).

Of course, not every colour and shade fit to everyone and I think it's more about the latter. But if you try, you may be surprised. That is for example what happened to me with orange. I though orange will take all colours out of my face and make me look pale. Then one day, I didn't had anything else to put on at work than a couple sizes too big, which really looked over sized in a good way, bright orange jacket/dress, and I had to admit that it wasn't that bad. And that was not the last time I was wearing that.



Many times it's about attitude. If the shade of a shirt is not exactly just yours, but you still love it, then lift your head up and show the world you are rocking your outfit, was it then black or rainbow. And remember, if you love some colour, which does not look good next to your face, you can always buy a pair of pants or a bag and enjoy your favourite colour in your outfit that way.

Have a wonderful upcoming week!

xo,Viivi

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti